Critical care at Masina Hospital is a combination of the best of Intensive care in Specialized ICU setups with different levels of care provided with the best of equipment and trained staff with experience.
Our 24 X 7 critical care units comprised of 48 beds providing multidisciplinary services include Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Burns ICU, Neonatal ICU, Pediatric ICU, as well as Cardiac ICU dedicated to post cardiac surgeries of stroke patients. Along with an Intensivist available in house and resident Doctors have had major success.
This unit caters to a cohort of patients from different specialties like : -
- General medicine
- General surgery
- Orthopedic surgery
- Gynecology & Pediatrics
- Neuro surgery
- Plastic surgery
- Onco surgery
- Bariatric surgery
- Head and neck surgery
- Pediatric surgery
This unit caters to specialty care & support of patients suffering from :
- Blood pressure (Hyper/ Hypo-tension)
- Myocardial Infarcts
- Neurological Strokes
- Head Injuries
- Respiratory disorders
- Cardiac arrhythmias
- Multiple organ dysfunctioning
- Acute renal failure
- Post-surgical monitoring following surgery related to any department
- Complex Cancer Surgery particularly of the head and the neck.
The team attends casualty and resuscitation calls from the hospital. Efforts are made to adhere to and train the junior medical and non-medical staff in protocols to ensure quality assurance as set by international standards.
Designed as a state-of-the-art accident & Emergency Unit has:
- A large procedure room with one operative table, light and Anaesthesia machine
- A plaster room and an isolation room
- Cardiac Monitors, Ventilator and portable X-ray with CR System
- Dedicated elevator for immediate transfer of patients to the operating rooms and Intensive Care Units
- Resuscitation equipment, maintenance of crash carts & defibrillation equipment, and advanced airway devices.