Diet & Nutrition
Masina Hospital provide a great service to the public and have the burden of competing with other hospitals for employees and patients. We satisfy to hospital staff as well as patients and their visitors by providing quality food service & facilities. The main kitchen in a hospital prepares a tremendous amount of food for distribution among the patients as well as for serving to the employees and patients' visitors.
The Dietary Department objective is to establish and encourage good nutritional practice and high dietetics standards as an integral part of the multidisciplinary health care provided to the patients.
Our Services includes:
- Food service: Our dietary kitchen is responsible for feeding all the patients in the hospital healthy and varied meals with the best hygienic standards. It also caters for the employees.
- Inpatient care: Our specialized dietitians deliver nutrition care that involves therapeutic diets and specialized nutrition support to all patients along with nutrition counselling. We provide Normal Diet, Full diet, Renal Diet, Diabetic Diet, Salt restricted diet, Soft Diet, RT feeds diet & others.
- Outpatient care: Our dietitians are available for individualized assessment and counselling for weight management, therapeutic diet for different disease conditions, clinical counselling. and we initiate life style changes in them.
- Dietetic internship: Competent students are enrolled in our hospital for internship
- Community awareness & Diet Counselling : Our dietitians and dietetic interns participate in the health talks and other community activities organized by the hospital by designing diverse nutrition-related camps.
- Future Planning: THAC Initiative
We are also planning to make incremental and significant changes in the nutritional value of the food supplied through our kitchen both for the patients and the staff. This is being done using expertise and consultancy by the team from The Health Awareness Center founded by late Dr. Vijaya Venkat